Astute readers probably had this pegged for a 'Shop Contest the instant it published a week ago, but don't worry, we've got more than one image to exploit from the Nintendo 3DS launch, aka "When Reggie Met Triforce."
We have two images for you to work with, actually.
Source Image: Triforce Johnson hoists his 3DS a la Link.
Those plus funny are your ingredients. Perhaps it's a basic topic, but we're going for accessibility. The Dutch Masters of the 'Shop Contest will assuredly do something much more complicated and hilarious than I can suggest off the top of my head.
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
This is your no-frills step-by-step procedure to participation in the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but you can hit submit and your 'Shop entry will be uploaded to the comments.
As an added inducement, I want to let you know I do star commenters who send in worthy/funny submissions - whether or not they're chosen for the final 20. This may not happen immediately. I usually start rounding up a gallery by the middle of the week. This is my subjective call, but I do want to recognize as many contributors as possible, and show gratitude for making this such a popular feature on weekends.
Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!