Mac owners can start "grabbin' peels" today with the arrival of the original Left 4 Dead, which Valve has released via Steam. To celebrate the latest Windows-to-Mac port, Left 4 Dead is now 50% off. But wait, there's more!
In addition to Mac support for Left 4 Dead—delivered kind of on time, no less—Valve has also made the following updates.
- In Versus mode Tanks will spawn in stasis until a human player takes over. Tanks in stasis are invisible and invulnerable, and won't move or attack
- Tank speed is no longer reduced when on fire
- Allow players on the Infected team to manually spawn during finales
- Added a vote option toggle All-Talk
- Any Special Infected that causes a Survivor to stumble into a "ledge hang" situation will receive 50 points
- Bullets that first pass through an infected character before striking a Survivor are now ignored as friendly fire
- In Versus mode car alarms will now trigger anytime a Special Infected pulls or stumbles a Survivor into an alarm car
- Protected console commands that can be used to lag or crash servers