What did I do during my week-long vacation? Nothing much, but it's the topic that will kick off tonight's open thread in which we smarmily question "How is this news?"
My days off from Kotaku—minus having to write up a Castlevania: Lords of Shadow review and field a few calls from EIC Brian Crecente—were uneventful by design. Sure, I put in a solid three hours watching Avatar for the first time and helped throw an outdoor game night at Giant Robot in LA, but I was delightfully unproductive. That's something I could get used to. So, please, your PayPal donations to ensure that I'll never have to work again are appreciated.
Enough about what I didn't do this past week. Let's talk about you. Or these things. Or whatever.
- Coachelleta - Awesome tilt-shift video from this guy. These freak me out.
- Obama's to appear on Mythbusters - To re-test Archimedes' ray, not dispel Birther conspiracies.
- NY Times on the deflation of Japan - A fairly grim economic picture of the nation.
- io9's spoiler-free review of the first two episodes of The Walking Dead - I wish I had cable!
- Peter Jackson starts filming the Hobbit in February - Can't wait!