At this very moment, I'm browsing the "sexy costumes" category of an online retailer, wondering what can out-weird the fact that they sell "sexy" Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle inspired get ups. Oh, right. This is tonight's open thread. Sorry.
One school of thought contends that any character, any uniform, can be sexy-fied. Their evidence comes in the form of sexy Optimus Prime, Spongebob Squarepants and TMNT costumes. Even Brian (the dog) from Family Guy. What the hell, people.
I'll argue that not all characters can be sexed up. Grimace, for example, Ronald McDonald's rotund milkshake-loving friend. Please, help me make my argument. Or simply catch up on these items and talk amongst yourselves.
- The real cost of free - I enjoyed reading Cory Doctorow's thoughts on copyright here.
- Microsoft and Adobe had acquisition talks - Ho boy!
- I guess Johnny Depp's a pretty cool guy - And has a spare Jack Sparrow costume at home.
- Giz on how comic book sounds are adapted for the big screen - Great feature.
- DC Comics drops price of $3.99 comic books to $2.99 - Wait. Standard issue prices are four bucks?! Jesus. Marvel may follow suit.