This open thread is all yours, a world of discovery and sharing that might focus on world discovery. War, Justin Bieber, quicksand, denim... what will we talk about tonight? All of that.
Ladies and gentlemen, please make with the off-topic conversation or make with the video game conversation, if you so desire. Or simply catch up things new, old and really old with this collection of interesting items.
- First World War "officially ends" - 92 years later, Germany pays off the last chunk of reparations imposed on it by the Allies.
- Whatever happened to quicksand? - A little old, but a smart observation. Quicksand's not scary anymore.
- Justin Bieber Found To Be Cleverly Disguised 51-Year-Old Pedophile - The Onion!
- The Renaissance jean jacket - Paintings from the 16th century of (poor) people wearing denim.
- Scientists find "Earth-like" planet - Larger than our planet but supposedly situated in a "hospitable zone." I predict that sexy green alien ladies populate the thing.