The ESRB's served up a no-surprise M for Red Dead Redemption but enlightens us as to why - drugs, blood and a whole bunch of words Roy Rogers never said to Dale Evans.
Redemption gets the full buffet of mature content: Blood, Intense Violence, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs. Here are some highlights from the certificates.
• In one sequence, a bloodied and mutilated corpse can be seen hanging from the rafters of a barn.
• The game contains a scene in which two characters have sex on a table
• There is a brief instance of female nudity.
• One sequence depicts a man injecting himself with a syringe filled with cocaine.
• Language such as "f**k," "c*nt," and 'sh*t" can be heard in the dialogue.
Note, they don't mean "fork," "cent," or "shot."
Red Dead Redemption [ESRB]