• Best Player: Evgeni Malkin, center for the Pittsburgh Penguins is a 98. Behind him is teammate Sidney Crosby at 97, no wonder they won the Cup, eh? Also a 97 is coverboy Alex Ovechkin.
• Worst NHL player(not a free agent or minor leaguer): Philippe Dupuis and Matt Halischuk are both 60s and on the regular roster for Colorado and New Jersey, respectively.
• Best goalie: Roberto Luongo of Vancouver is a 94; ageless future hall-of-famer Martin Brodeur is second-best at 93.
• Best Defenseman: Zdeno Chara of the Bruins is a 96; Mike Green of Washington is rated behind him as the best offensive defensemen, 93 overall.
• Fastest Player: Mason Raymond of the Vancouver Canucks is rated a 98 in speed.
• Slowest Player (non-Goalie, non-free agent, on a roster): Derek Boogaard, left wing for the Minnesota Wild is rated a 55.
• Best Fighting Goalie: Dan Cloutier, a free agent, has an 84 rating. Ray Emery, of the Philadelphia Flyers, is an 81, best of any goaltender on a roster.
• Most Valuable Goon: (Highest fighting, highest overall in the enforcer classification): No question, Donald Brashear of the New York Rangers. 98 fighting, 76 overall. Georges Laraque of the Montreal Canadiens has a 99 fighting but is 74 overall.
• Worst Goon: (Lowest fighting, enforcer classification): Free agent Jeff Cowan and Brandon Prust of the Calgary Flames are both 70s.