Pancake, the Official Weiner Dog of Borderlands 2, meet Cosplay Cat from Journey. You two look so adorable, we know you're going to have a great time together in this week's edition of the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
So, to recap, on Wednesday, thatgamecompany discovered someone in Japan had not only created cat cosplay for Journey, they also found a cat willing to sit still for it and not bite the face off anyone who would try to dress it up in this way. Then, Thursday, 2K community manager Elizabeth Tobey's dog, Pancake, became Internet famous when she jumped in a Borderlands loot chest.
I believe we all know where this one is headed. Let's 'shop up some pets, folks. Cat and dog, cat or dog, cat and Asshole Dog (inevitable), it's your call. Here's the images.
Source Image: Journey cosplay for cats.
Source Image: Pancake in a Borderlands loot chest.
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
This is your no-frills step-by-step procedure to participation in the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size. What's more, we're getting reports that if your 'Shop is more than 1000px tall (vertical), it won't upload. If you're getting the broken-image icon, try resizing to a smaller dimension.
Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!