Over the last couple of weeks, my gaming PC has started occasionally freezing up. It usually happens at the most inopportune moment possible, and always without warning.
It sucks. I have to manually hit the “reset” button and everything. What’s going on? Why does my PC keep freezing at inopportune moments?
- It’s just tired, man.
- My old CPU is jealous of my new GPU and is acting out.
- I’m doing too well in Overwatch and my PC is just trying to even things up.
- It’s not actually frozen, it’s just running at a very, very low frame-rate.
- Games seem to warn me about running FRAPS these days, so maybe it’s something to do with FRAPS?
- It’s distracted by world events, I mean, who can focus on running video games at a time like this
- There’s a tiny Mei standing on the motherboard spraying everything with a tiny ice gun.
- It learned it from watching my optical drive.
- My liquid coolant needs a change, like how the oil in a car needs to be changed. (????)
- My CPU is overheating, likely due to misapplied thermal paste.
- It’s currently full of dead insects, a fact I will discover as I pry open the side panel and an avalanche of musty husks cascades onto the rug.
- It’s currently full of live insects, a fact I will never discover because now I’m scared to open my PC.
- Whatever it is, it’s probably Windows 10’s fault.