Last month, the developers of Skullgirls launched a crowdsourcing campaign, asking for $150,000 to introduce a single new character into the game.
That campaign has now come to a close. The final tally?
The whopping contribution from fans means that the game won't just be getting a single new character. It'll be getting five of them, four story modes, six new stages and nine voice packs.
Here's the complete rundown of everything that's being added to the game now the campaign is closed:
- First Character: Squigly
- Second Character: Big Band
- Third Character: By Fan Vote
- Fourth Character: By Fan Vote
- Fifth Character: Robo-Fortune
- Squigly's Stage
- Squigly's Story
- Big Band's Stage
- Big Band's Story
- Fan-selected Character #1's Stage
- Fan-selected Character #1's StoryMode
- Fan-selected Character #2's Stage
- Fan-selected Character #2's StoryMode
- Bonus Stage: River King Casino
- Bonus Stage: Glass Canopy
- Voice Pack: "Republican Double"
- Voice Pack: "Robo-Fortune"
- Voice Pack: "Female Announcer"
- Voice Pack: "Salty Parasoul"
- Voice Pack: "Drunk FGC Commentator"
- Voice Pack: "Valley Girl Painwheel"
- Voice Pack: "Saxploitation"
- Voice Pack: "Anime Peacock"
- Voice Pack: "Real Soviet Announcer"
Topping off the feel-good story is the fact that the developers of the My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic game will be getting the Skullgirls engine, for free, to use in their own game.
Well played, everyone. Well played.