Now that we know who the final character in the upcoming Ultra Street Fighter IV is, it seems like a great time to look back on the franchise. Since the franchise is almost 27 years old (!), there's a ton of trivia to reminisce about.
This video by DYKGaming is jam packed with all sorts of fun facts you might not know about Street Fighter, like:
- Stuff about the original Street Fighter's creators
- Who the cast is influenced by/based on
- Why Balrog, M. Bison and Vega have different names outside of the US (and what players call them to avoid confusion)
- How the special combo system in Street Fighter was originally a bug
- What features got taken out from early games
- What characters never made it into the franchise
- What the cast looked like in early designs
And more. While I knew about half of these facts already, it was surprising to look at how different some of the characters looked like at a conceptual stage. You might learn something new, too. Or, if you'd like to learn more about other franchises, make sure to check out the Did You Know Gaming website.