What a week. Good stories. See below.
- Nintendo Explains Microtransactions In The Most Nintendo Way Possible - Am I allowed to start with one of mine? Yes? Not a complex post, but I’m always delighted when we can do something interesting about a game people weren’t talking about. In this case, a little 3DS crane game says a lot about how Nintendo approaches a key aspect of modern gaming
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III: The Kotaku Review - An entertaining review by Mike, who assesses the strange sum of some very good parts.
- This Dragon’s Crown Statue Is Freaking Me Out - We are forever trying to find the right tone to cover game culture’s visual absurdities. Patrick nailed it here.
- For Two Months, All I Played Was Destiny. I’m Taking A Step Back - Kirk figures out why he’s playing
- I Hate My Shitty PSN Name - A good piece from that nerd idpl_mal
- The New Tomb Raider Made Me Think About Going Back to Church - Evan deftly discussing the surprising use of religion in Lara Croft’s new game
- Card Games Are Invading Your Video Games - Luke spots a trend and explains what it’s all about
Best GIF (which is so much better if you know the back-story)
Got thoughts about what we published last week or about stories you’d like to see on the site? Let me know.