Virtual reality headsets abounded at last week's Game Developer's Conference. Between the new Oculus Rift and Sony's Project Morpheus we got some amazingly 'Shoppable pictures of Kotaku editors wearing VR headsets. You know what to do.
At least I hope you know what to do — most of you have been doing this much longer than I have. Grab a picture from our Oculus or Project Morpheus articles, use Photoshop or some other image editor to twist it into something new.
I expect big things.
Not sure how to upload images? Follow these simple steps and you'll soon be uploading pictures to the internet like a pro image uploading sort of person.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the bottom of this post and click "Discuss."
3. This brings up a comment window. Click the icon that looks like a picture.
4. This brings up another window called "Insert Image." Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.
Alright! Have at it. Thanks very much for your participation.