Welcome back friends, it’s been a while.
The ‘Shop Contest had to come back sooner or later, and this week’s unofficial reveal of the next Call of Duty game seemed like as good a time as any. After more than a decade away, the series is finally returning to World War II with more grey-scale grit and distant stares than ever before. The introduction to what could very well be the best selling game of 2017 felt a little flat though. Another nondescript white dude with “war is hell” tattooed on his retinas? Surely we can do better.
So for this week’s ‘Shop Contest, I’d like you to take your best shot at re-imaging the game’s first promotional artwork with something a bit more exciting.
You can use the above PNG file or get creative with your own. The rules, as always, are as follows:
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 800 pixels wide. If they aren’t, you will be shot. I mean it!
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.