Look, I'm not saying it's the best exploitable—but it certainly is the most timely. Valve's Steam controller made its debut to the public on Friday and people are trying to wrap their heads around gaming without twin analog joysticks. Let's explore even greater possibilities in this week's 'Shop Contest.
Simple, yet open-ended task. Take that image, and make it even more revolutionary. Or funny. Preferably the latter. Swap it for someone's head, put it in the hands of a stock-art gamer, feel free to find any new use of the Steam controller that you can imagine.
Source Image: The Steam Controller
Feel free to use any other image of the controller you can find.
Most of you are smart enough to figure out how to upload images. For newcomers or the terminally unsure, here are some simple steps to take to get your 'Shop in the comments below.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the bottom of this post and click "Discuss."
3. This brings up a comment window. Click the icon that looks like a picture.
4. This brings up another window called "Insert Image." Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.
Alright! Have at it. Thanks very much for your participation.