The slow holiday week means we've got to reach back into 2013 for our first 'Shop Contest of 2014. It's the Good Ole VapeCube. More concretely, I need you guys to develop me some more bongs out of well known video-gaming paraphernalia. And put your weed in there!
So while I'm not going totally open-ended on this, I acknowledge this source image may be ... lacking as an exploitable. Feel free to use anything else you can find to get the joke across. Bottom line—people smoking consoles/video game equipment/etc. Not limited to real world physical objects. You want to make a bong out of a BioShock Infinite vigor, knock yourself out. For more pot-shops, see this roundup from two years ago.
While most of you are smart enough to figure out how to upload images, here are some simple steps to take for those less familiar with the practice.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the bottom of this post and click "Discuss."
3. This brings up a comment window. Click the icon that looks like a picture.
4. This brings up another window called "Insert Image." Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.
Alright! Have at it. Thanks very much for your participation.