As has been the tradition for the past three or so years, when we go to Comic-Con, we come back with cosplay, and then we turn that cosplay into your 'Shop Contest. So that's where we're headed with this week's challenge, brought to you in part by our friends at io9.
Fahey was kinda busy, so he could only supply the Tardis and Iron
Man Chef there. Lauren Davis at io9 assembled a huge gallery, including Powdered Toast Man and Marvin the Martian. From these four you guys should figure out something for this week.
Source Image: Marvin the Martian [Courtesy io9]
Source Image: Powdered Toast Man [Courtesy io9]
Source Image: Tardis walking to work.
Source Image: Iron
While most of you are smart enough to figure out how to upload images, here are some simple steps to take for those less familiar with the practice.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the bottom of this post and click "Discuss."
3. This brings up a comment window. Click the icon that looks like a picture.
4. This brings up another window called "Insert Image." Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.
Alright! Have at it. Thanks very much for your participation.