The Villager's haunting, dead-eyed look has gotten a lot of treatment since his introduction as a new Smash Bros. fighter, but he hasn't yet gotten the Kotaku 'Shop Contest treatment. Let's take care of that this week.
While The Villager already has a submission pending on Know Your Meme, and there's a ton of crap floating around the Internet featuring him, let me remind you this contest is based on original work. So don't post other folks' .gifs or image macros or whatever down below. (In fact, while nothing is forbidden, really, image macros don't do well in this contest. I don't think one has ever been named a finalist.)
Surely you've got something in mind, like Clockmocker did a week ago (above). Realize that particular image has been used so much it, or variants of it, probably won't make the cut for the finals.
Or, if you're being adventurous, feel free to use other characters, either new or recurring, from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Google Image search! It's your friend.
While most of you are smart enough to figure out how to upload images, here are some simple steps to take for those less familiar with the practice.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the bottom of this post and click "Discuss."
3. This brings up a comment window. Click the icon that looks like a picture.
4. This brings up another window called "Insert Image." Click "Choose file" if you're uploading your 'shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image's URL into the field that says "Image URL." Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.
Alright! Have at it. Thanks very much for your participation.