Earlier this week, two of our writers discussed the merits of ARMS’ most controversial character, Helix. They both made some good points, but I think the only way to settle this once and for all is with a proper ‘Shop Contest.
Nintendo’s little goo boy just can’t seem to catch a break. Misunderstood and, in my eyes, under-appreciated, I’m sure the dude leads a relatively normal life (outside of that whole brawling inside a coliseum against other fighters with spring-loaded arms thing).
For this week’s ‘Shop Contest, I want you to make the case for or against Helix however you see fit, as long as it’s in Photoshop form and staring him. Here’s a sample, although there are plenty more out there and I’d encourage you to seek out different poises.
The rules are below. See you next week with the winners!
How To Upload Images — Instructions
1. Create your ‘Shop and save it to your desktop. Images must be at least 636 pixels wide. If they aren’t, you will be shot.
2. Go to the bottom of this post
3. This brings up a comment window. Click
4. This brings up Click “Choose file” if you’re uploading your ‘shop from your desktop
5. Alternatively, you can upload the ‘Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then paste the image’s URL into the field that says “Image URL.” Note: this must be the URL of the image itself, not the page where it is displayed. That means the URL ends in .jpg, .gif, .png, whatever.
6. Add editorial commentary and hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn’t, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. Large-size images may not upload properly, though we have seen some big-ass animated .gifs upwards of 5 MB. If you’re still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels, or the whole thing under 2 MB.