The 'Castithan Charge Pack' is a two-pronged bit of downloadable content for the video game portion of trion and SyFy's cross-media extravaganza, delivering fresh content to all players and a little more to those willing to pay an extra $10.
All Defiance players can access this stuff:
- New Charge Weapons – shotguns, sniper rifles and pistols
- Sieges — a new type of dynamic content mode that combines Capture-and-Hold control points with kill scores, as enemies invade various mission locations, forcing players to band together to hold them off
- New Monolith Major Arkfall – highly challenging arkfall event with a tough new boss and loot
- Military Academy – a new player-versus-player capture and hold map
- Duels Game Mode – challenge your friends online in one-on-one combat
- Additional in-game changes, including newly enhanced map, and new chat window
While Defiance players who've purchased a season pass or are willing to drop $9.99 for the expansion pack premium content will get this stuff as well:
- Play as the alien Castithan Species – create a new character or change your existing one
- New Battle Arena Game Mode – an instanced single player “horde mode”-style game that opens up a new story mission line, Castithan Charge Blade weapon and in-game item
- Unique version of the Raptor – a new four passenger truck designed to help small groups of arkhunters to quickly traverse the terraformed Bay Area
- Unique Castithan outfit
- New Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system Achievements and Trophies
Previously, player characters in the game were limited to boring old humans and Defiance's magical Klingons. I'm looking forward to rolling a Castithan and trying to wrangle other players into familial group bathing.