Okay, it doesn't really have a dance soundtrack. But for some reason, developer Realmforge Studios thought it appropriate to go with a somewhat nightclubby mood for their stealth-action game's release trailer.
DARK is, obviously, a vampire game. It stars Eric Bane, a fledgling vampire who's trying to hunt down his sire (ie. the vampire who first bit him) before he turns into a mindless ghoul. On the way, he takes on several missions in a wide variety of locales, where he presumably sucks the blood out of at least a few dozen unsuspecting guards. Here's Realmforge's features list:
- Stealth and action combine as players walk the world in darkness and silence, attacking their unsuspecting foes with supernatural fury
- Use powerful vampire abilities and hard-hitting melee attacks to defeat dangerous enemies — turn into a puff of smoke and disappear, or close in on your foes in an instant!
- Powerful and intelligently controlled AI enemies mix the fantastic with the real-world. Battle police and elite special forces along with ghouls and other vampires
- Castles, museums, skyscrapers, nightclubs and more are rendered in stunning 3D cel-shaded graphics, beckoning the player to explore — but beware, powerful enemies hide everywhere
- RPG element mix with a compelling story – players will build up their skills through successful evasion and combat, while advancing the story through conversations with NPCs
Judging by that trailer, I'm not so sure about the stunning graphics part—but hey, it might scratch that vampire game itch. Or it might just remind you to play through Vampire: Bloodlines again. Either way, win-win, eh?
DARK is out now on Xbox 360 and on PC via Steam.
Questions? Comments? Contact the author of this post at andras-AT-kotaku-DOT-com.