And I thought Blade & Soul was fast with the updates. Massively multiplayer role-playing game Black Desert Online officially launched in North America and Europe on March 3. Its first expansion arrives tomorrow.
The Mediah Expansion, available tomorrow free for all players in North America and Europe, increases the size of Black Desert Online’s world by 30 percent. It adds land to explore, more than 1,000 quests . . . you know what? Here’s a bullet list from the press release.
- World size increased by 30%
- Over 1,000 new quests
- Kzarka - An enormous boss that can take on hundreds of players at a time
- New guild missions, including special bosses that drop formidable weapons
- Crimson Battlefield - Instanced 40v40 skirmishes that players can queue for in groups of five or solo
- New weapons and more powerful armor set
- Craftable Alchemy Stones allow players to apply Attack, Defense, or Life bonuses to their equipment
- Equipment can be enchanted to higher levels
That’s a huge amount of content added in a very short period of time. It’s one of the benefits of being the Western version of a game that launch in Korea in 2014 I suppose. They’ve got content waiting in the wings.
Note that the media alert for the expansion says that players can access the new content “as early as tomorrow,” suggesting some folks might have to wait a bit longer than others.