Hey, don't say I didn't warn you. When the College of Cardinals selected the 266th pope on Wednesday, video gamers all around the world had the same reaction: Francis? The implacable, lisping video game nerd who issues weekly encyclicals bemoaning the worldly excesses of video gaming? (And yes, we know he's a comedian.) Perfect choice.
So, your holy mission this week, use either the exploitable I've given you below, or any frame from the video above, and treat us to your vision of the world in the time of Pope Francis.
Source Image: Papam Franciscum Ridiculum.
Note: I'll be off next weekend, so the winners will be rounded up when I return, on Saturday, March 30. Just in time for Easter.
Here's everything else you need to know about posting 'Shops in the comments.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the comments beneath this post and click "reply."
3. Click "Add Image" in the comment window.
4. Click "Upload an Image Instead." Then click the "Choose File" button. Browse your desktop, find the image, and click "open."
5. If you prefer, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then click "Add image" in the upper right above the comment window. Paste the image URL into the field that says "Image URL."
6. Add editorial commentary (you can't post an image without some kind of text in the comment field), then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels.
All set? Great. Now, everyone, start your 'shopping!