Who's ready for a game based on a five-year-old joke about a Saturday Night Live skit from twelve years ago? Thanks to the magic of the iPhone and iPad, Cowbell Hero becomes a real thing next month.
I would be incredibly disappointed with Digital Hero Games (via PocketGamer) for making Cowbell Hero if they hadn't put so much effort into it, packing 16 licensed tracks into this Guitar Hero parody game, including the all-important "(Don't Fear) The Reaper", as made famous by Blue Oyster Cult. They've got some Creedence in there, Santana, Marvin Gaye, Funkadelic and more. It's a damn impressive track list for the punch line to the joke that's been showing up on t-shirts and in YouTube videos for ages.
Check it out:
• "Down on the Corner" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
• "Hair of the Dog" by Nazareth
• "Little Willy" as made famous by Sweet
• "Cowbell Blues"
• "Incense and Peppermints" by Strawberry Alarm Clock
• "Evil Ways" as made famous by Santana
• "Time Has Come Today" as made famous by The Chambers Brothers
• "Give and Take"
• "Got to Give it Up" by Marvin Gaye
• "Better by the Pound" by Funkadelic
• "Rock Me" by Steppenwolf
• "Good to Your Earhole" by Funkadelic
• "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" as made famous by Blue Oyster Cult
• "More Cowbell"
All I know is I've got a fever and the only cure is the death of this gag. Perhaps Cowbell Hero will get it out of everyone's system and we can move on.