Father and son sharing a happy moment before purchasing the Wii U at a GameStop on Black Friday. Not pictured: Police barriers, trampled bodies.
Here's an image supplied to us by Nintendo of America, under the heading "Photos of Black Friday Shoppers Purchasing Must-Have Nintendo Products." While their expressions don't speak of combat-weary triumph seen all over America on Friday, they are definitely more exploitable than the misery and mayhem seen elsewhere, principally Walmart. Here's this week's Photoshop contest image. Have at it:
Source Image: Photo of Black Friday Shoppers Purchasing Must-Have Nintendo Products. [Nintendo of America]
Feel free to use all other callbacks and external memes in this week's contest.
Here are the rest of the guidelines for entering.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Go to the comments beneath this post and click "reply."
3. Click "Add Image" in the comment window.
4. Click "Upload an Image Instead." Then click the "Choose File" button. Browse your desktop, find the image, and click "open."
5. If you prefer, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then click "Add image" in the upper right above the comment window. Paste the image URL into the field that says "Image URL."
6. Add editorial commentary (you can't post an image without some kind of text in the comment field), then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
7. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels.
All set? Great. Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!