We're giving you back the old 'Shop Contest. We've been splitting the exploitables off from the forum in which new entries have been posted, but a lot of this feature's popularity, over the past three years, has been in seeing both the new challenge subject and everyone's responses all in one place. So we're bringing that back, beginning now.
That means this week, 'Shop Contest artists should post their entries in the comments underneath this post, just like the old times. It won't be in chronological order, but everyone should be able to see everything now.
So, as we return to the old format, I'll throw it open to an old standby, the cosplay exploitable.
There are more than 40 shots in this gallery rounded up from New York Comic-Con 2012; I'm sure something is usable out of it. If not, let me make a few suggestions here.
Source Image: Spider-Man with a Spider-Man backpack.
Source Image: Left 4 Dead Tank didn't forget her badge.
Source Image: King Hippo wears New Balance.
Source Image: Dog Flash says "This diminishes us both."
Here are the rest of the guidelines for doing so.
1. Create your 'Shop and save it to your desktop.
2. Click "Add Image" in the upper right above the comment window.
3. Click "Upload an Image Instead." Then click the "Choose File" button. Browse your desktop, find the image, and click "open."
4. If you prefer, you can upload the 'Shop to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. Then click "Add image" in the upper right above the comment window. Paste the image URL into the field that says "Image URL."
5. Add editorial commentary (you can't post an image without some kind of text in the comment field), then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, upload the image to imgur and paste the image URL as a comment. I promise I will look at it.
6. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. If you're still having trouble uploading the image, try to keep its longest dimension (horizontal or vertical) under 1000 pixels.
All set? Great. Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!