Note: This position has been filled.
Want to work for Kotaku? If you live in or near New York City, this is your shot.
We're launching a new Editorial Fellowship program and we're looking for the perfect person to help kick it off. This is a part-time, paid position in our Manhattan-based office that will require you to come in and work an eight-hour day, two or three days a week, for at least the next three months.
This is not a coffee-fetching job—you will be an essential cog in our 24-hour news machine. You'll write and report your own original stories. You'll help us sort through videos, screenshots, and press releases. You'll research issues and keep your finger on the pulse of the biggest trends in gaming. You'll work alongside and learn from our writers and editors as we continue to strive to make Kotaku the best video game website on the planet.
An interest in gaming is important, but far more important is a passion for writing, reporting, and story-telling. We're looking for someone who can express ideas clearly and effectively, someone with sharp writing skills and a nose for great stories.
Some more details:
- You must have a bachelor's degree or be currently working on one.
- Experience writing/editing for a paper, website, or magazine is a big plus.
- Lots of gaming knowledge is also a big plus.
- You must be excellent at multi-tasking and meeting VERY tight deadlines. Very, very tight deadlines.
- That said, we have a lot of fun here. We spend all day talking and writing about video games. It doesn't get much better than that.
If you think you're a good fit for this position, please send your resume, a (brief!) cover letter and at least one writing sample to email@example.com with the subject "Kotaku Editorial Fellowship." (FYI: If your e-mail doesn't have that subject line, it will probably be ignored. That's not us being mean; it's an e-mail filter.)
There's no official deadline, but we'll be looking at applications as they roll in—so if you're interested, don't wait!