But what if people could Tweet about the Nintendo 64's launch? What remarkable insights could they cram into 140 characters?
It would probably go like this:
- "Mark my words, the N64 will be the death of Nintendo #n64"
- "There are only two launch titles. WTF?"
- "Whoa, you can plug in FOUR controllers?"
- "hahahaha cartridges f—- off and die"
- "Um, no final fantasy, no purchase"
- "Mario 64 looks way too different from SMW."
- "Sorry, but Mario just doesn't look as advanced as Nights #nintendont"
- "They are charging $20 for a 256-kilobit memory card? Come on. At least the controllers are only $30."
- "$200 for the #N64 seems fine, but $70 for #Mario64 is insane."
- "Someone ask @howardlincolnNOA where our new Zelda game is."
- "Nintendo should just go third-party already."
- "Wave Race 64 or Jet Moto?"
- "That controller seems way too big"
- "Turok, Blast Corps, and Shadows of the Empire. That's a better launch window than the 32X had."
- "Wait for Spaceworld!"
- ""No Twisted Metal?! N64 is worthless!!! #PlayStation4eva"
- "The PlayStation is so screwed right now."
- "Hey @hiroshiyamauchiNCL... what about Tomb Raider?"
- "That burger, beer, onion rings, fries and shake made me sooo sleepy..."
- "We could really use a new Metroid game. Looking forward to one on the N64."
- "Nintendo Sixty-Fouuuuuuuuuuur!!!! bit.ly/9IWLuj"
Share your own N64 launch tweets below.
Top image of Shigeru MIyamoto by Atsushi Tskuada, Associated Press | Modified by Luke Plunkett.