The next World of Warcraft expansion will be out on September 25, developer Blizzard said today.
In addition to new zones and dungeons, Mists of Pandaria adds the playable pandaren race and monk class to Blizzard's massively multiplayer online RPG. It also raises the level cap to 90 and adds some new challenge modes, prestige rewards, and a Pokemon-inspired pet battle system.
It'll run you $40 for both PC and Mac, digital and physical. You can also dish out $60 for a Digital Deluxe Edition that contains the following, via Blizzard:
- World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
- World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
- StarCraft II Battle.net Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
- Diablo III Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft's newest playable race, the pandaren.
And then there's an $80 physical Collector's Edition that has all the above plus:
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
- Collector's Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
- The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
- Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
And pandas. Lots and lots of pandas.