At last, we have a picture that just might get me in the bag-suit out of 'Shop Contest jail. At E3 this week, our boss man went for a spin in a Ferrari, with an expression that suggested something less than all-out delight. Maybe it's because he knew this would be fodder for our latest contest. Do your worst!
The obscured driver means you'll need to think a little creatively—probably rates about a 6 or 7 on the exploitable scale. But Stephen Totilo's expression is priceless and can factor into a great 'Shop with or without the car. It really doesn't need much more introduction than this, so I'll give you the source image and get the hell out the way.
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
This is your no-frills step-by-step procedure to participation in the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size. What's more, we're getting reports that if your 'Shop is more than 1000px tall (vertical), it won't upload. If you're getting the broken-image icon, try resizing to a smaller dimension.
Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!