Most everyone has taken a swing at Time magazine's blatantly desperate attempt to stay relevant for one more week. But there is a breed of satirist, known and feared for a cutting, cruel wit, that has yet to have its say: the video gamer.
So here we go. If it's good enough for Time's cover, it's good enough for the 'Shop Contest, but I've got to warn you, actual boob (i.e. exposed nipple; totally topless, you get the idea) is gonna get moderated and possibly punished. So will recognizable sex acts. So do not go there. But for more than two years you guys have been very good about not corrupting the purpose of the contest, so I don't expect any problems.
As for suggestions, well, this thing should 'shop itself.
Source Image: Time magazine's breastfeeding cover.
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
This is your no-frills step-by-step procedure to participation in the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size. What's more, we're getting reports that if your 'Shop is more than 1000px tall (vertical), it won't upload. If you're getting the broken-image icon, try resizing to a smaller dimension.
Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!