We had an open-ended theme last week and, I'll take the rap, it kinda thudded. So we're going back to bread-and-butter subjects with source images, and mugshots have been reliable comedy inspiration in the past. The tale of a guy actually named Obiwan Kenobi getting arrested in California and charged with hit-and-run, is too good to pass up.
We can go a couple of ways here; either use this mugshot on a recognizable Star Wars scene (or video game screenshot), or use any image of Kenobi himself getting into ... Imperial entanglements. After that, I leave it to you. You're all very creative people.
Source Image: Obiwan Kenobi, 37, of Roseville, Calif.
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
This is your no-frills step-by-step procedure to participation in the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size. What's more, we're getting reports that if your 'Shop is more than 1000px tall (vertical), it won't upload. If you're getting the broken-image icon, try resizing to a smaller dimension.
Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!