Hi there, Kotaku. The week is over, and so we come to the Friday night open thread. I hope you had a good week! If you're at PAX East, I trust you're having a blast.
Here, gathered from the internet, are some things you might want to read before you get to gabbing.
- "What books make you cringe to remember?" - This is a hard one to answer without sounding like a dweeb. But mine is easily The Celestine Prophecy. So much cringe.
- Who cares if your record was digitally remastered? - This article at The Rumpus makes some interesting points.
- Try the Pro Wrestling Name Generator -My Pro Wrestling Name is Cerebral Executioner. I'll TAKE IT!
- Have you guys read Michael Chabon's The Yiddish Policemen's Union? - Because it is awesome. I don't know why it's on my mind today. Booktaku!
- "I don't know how to tell my friend his/her band sucks" - "Every one knows that Guitar Center is the Toll Road to Broken Dreams Blvd."
- Here's The Cardigans with "Choke" - What better way to close out a week of of random songs from First Band on the Moon than with the closing track from that album. Which rules.
- Here's an interesting essay about another essay about pop music snobbery - Well... actually, music snobbery is kind of boring. BUT, it has a picture of Azalia Banks. So.
- So, it's the weekend so let's listen to her big song again - And we can all feel disconcerted and excited and weird and stuff.
That's that! Have a good weekend, all.