The man who made the grand, open-ended Minecraft appears to want to go bigger with his next game. Markus "Notch" Persson and his team at Mojang have launched an official website for the new game—which is called "0x10c"—and Notch's plans make Minecraft seem paltry.
Partial plot summary:
It's now the year 281 474 976 712 644 AD, and the first lost people are starting to wake up to a universe on the brink of extinction, with all remote galaxies forever lost to red shift, star formation long since ended, and massive black holes dominating the galaxy.
Partial features list:
- Fully working computer system.
- Space battles against the AI or other players.
- Abandoned ships full of loot.
- Duct tape!
- Seamlessly landing on planets.
- Advanced economy system.
- Random encounters.
- Mining, trading, and looting.
- Single and multi player connected via the multiverse.
Like Minecraft the game will be released to the public before it's done, so gamers can offer feedback and help shape its creation.
Seems awesome. Literally.
Go read all the details:
0x10c [Official site]