Believe it or not, this 1/3rd scale TIE Fighter was used to teach the Pythagorean Theorem to some guy's kid for a church movie night project. The TIE Fighter was sold on Craigslist last week. Now we're going to think up some new adventures for it.
Like the er, actual spacecraft, this TIE Fighter also lacks hyperdrive and life support systems. So don't draw it using either of those capabilities, mkay?! or all the canon-hawks in the galaxy will come down on your ass like a bag full of ... hutts. Anyway, the images are not that large, which means you'll probably end up using the TIE in something else, like a Presto Magix.
Source Images: Model TIE Fighter sold on eBay.
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
This is your no-frills step-by-step procedure to participation in the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size. What's more, we're getting reports that if your 'Shop is more than 1000px tall (vertical), it won't upload. If you're getting the broken-image icon, try resizing to a smaller dimension.
Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!
Note: Confused about commenting on Kotaku? Read our FAQ.