This week, Backhanded Box Quotes could have given over the entire feature to the fanboy backlash against Mass Effect 3. There are many day-one complaints against the space-opera RPG below, and also some scorn reserved for Street Fighter X Tekken. Enjoy.
Mass Effect 3
Released: March 6
Critic: NEWater (Metacritic).
• "If someone gave me a choice between getting raped in the rectum by a priest and playing this game again, I'd rather be sodomized."
Critic: MajestyLOL (Metacritic).
• "This feels like a game made for that annoying 12-year old that I play Halo 3 online with." (PC version)
• "I can not believe that Bioware gets away with this. Sell-outs." (Xbox 360 version)
• "In stead of trying to make a good game for the RPG-fans, Bioware has lowered themselves to the level of Infinity Ward." (PS3 version)
Score: 0 (all three versions. All three reviews written day of release.)
Critic: biowareisdead (Metacritic).
• "I register this account just to express my disappointment in Bioware."
Critic: PenIsMighty (Metacritic).
• "Do Bioware really need a 10 minute homosexual love scene in the intro? As an adult I could understand, if not accept, what was happening to my character, but will the younger generation? My prediction is that, like my Shephard, they will be pretty butt hurt."
Critic: RedxLeader (Metacritic).
• "I am generally morally opposed to writing reviews for games I haven't even played, but it's okay this time because I have played ME1&2."
Street Fighter X Tekken
Released: March 6.
Critic: TheChecker (Metacritic)
• "ON-DISC DLC CHARACTERS THAT ARE BASICALLY COMPLETE SAVE FOR SOUNDS (EVEN THE **** CGI ENDING MOVIES ARE FINISHED)"
• "FALSE ADVERTISEMENT CLAIMS THAT THE XBOX 360 VERSION GOT PAIR PLAY FEATURE"
• "Capcom can go drown in the DLC abyss they seem to have fallen in mad love with."
• "It is truly sad and pathetic that Capcom would this low.."
• "Wait for Super"