Michael McDonald's WTF appearance on a fight stick is so off-the-wall, it's like a 'Shop Contest entry in real life. But can this be improved? We're going to try.
Yes, McDonald, the singer/songwriter, member of the Doobie Brothers, backup singer for Steely Dan and former session pianist for Toto, was given this custom fight stick tribute, which is selling for $118 on eBay at the time of publication.
We're gonna go in two directions here. Either give us a better tribute to Michael McDonald (which can include putting him into a game), or give us an even stranger fight stick. You guys can Google up an image of him if you need it. If you want to 'shop the original stick, there's the source image.
Source Image: The Limited Edition Michael McDonald Fight Stick
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
This is your no-frills step-by-step procedure to participation in the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size. What's more, we're getting reports that if your 'Shop is more than 1000px tall (vertical), it won't upload. If you're getting the broken-image icon, try resizing to a smaller dimension.
Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!