Greetings, camp Kotaku. It's friday evening, and that means it's officially the weekend! I hope you had a fun week. I sure did. We welcomed more simultaneous voices to Kotaku than... maybe ever?
Plus, we rolled out our plan to offer regularly programmed chunks of programming, sort of like we're a TV network. (They're still just regular Kotaku posts, though—we're not actually becoming a TV channel.)
I am really excited about this, too, especially about my "Kotaku Melodic" music thing on Thursdays. It'll start next week!
That image above is the late great pianist Bill Evans. I probably won't get to write about him since he didn't really do any video game music, but he's still amazing.
Anyway! I am blabbering, but this is your open thread. Here are a few things from around the internet today to aid you on your quest for fine conversation.
- This guy reads his daughter's facebook wall and shoots her laptop - Oh, man. Oh man! This is amazing. And sort of disturbing.
- 10 Brilliant Rube Goldberg Machines - Maybe it's just talking about Ghost Trick, but this is awesome.
- "Metallagher" - A Metallica tribute band covered by a guy who looks like Gallagher. Okay, then.
- "Barack Obama eating Things" - Rule #40 of the internet is, there's a tumblr for that.
- Here's how Brachiosaurs get it on - I have always been curious about that. They must need one biiig cigarette for after.
- Here's Steve Vai jamming, caught on candid(ish) camera - You know, people make fun of Vai for being an empty shredder, but that is BS. This guy is a freakishly talented musician. Fun to see him doing his thing.
- Here is Bill Evans playing "Waltz for Debby" - Because it's been kind of a long week and we all deserve to just sit back and listen to this.
That's what I've got. Have good chatting, and a lovely weekend.