We do take requests here at the Kotaku 'Shop Contest, and when Mr. Smokey McBongHit there showed up yesterday, a lot of you were all about it as an exploitable, blurry face and all. In the interest of fan service, I'm down with that, too. Let's get 'Shoppin!
This is self-explanatory: First, to take a picture that memorializes one's self getting blazed is kind of hilarious, because you look absolutely stupid doing so. But the fact we can't see his face makes it better. Either you'll have to 'Shop someone else's in or, even better, pretend he actually does look like that, like he's one of Tom Tucker's kids.
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
This is your no-frills step-by-step procedure to participation in the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size. What's more, we're getting reports that if your 'Shop is more than 1000px tall (vertical), it won't upload. If you're getting the broken-image icon, try resizing to a smaller dimension.
Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!