Welcome, Kotaku clan, to our relaxing Thursday night open thread. We have had a dearth of late-night open threads of late, and I can only blame the holidays for that. Fortunately, we're back and running.
How were your holidays? How has the new year been treating you? Have you finally beaten all of the games you got? Are you caught up in the horse-race of the Republican Presidential primary?
Today I realized that after all this time, I didn't know who "Snooki" actually was. I've never really watched Jersey Shore, as it turns out. After seeing a picture, I thought, "Okay, so that person I've seen so many places is 'The Snooki.'" I'm not better off for having this information, but I'm also not worse off. I'm pretty much just keepin' on keepin' on.
Culled from the internet, here are a variety of random things that may serve as conversation starters:
- "Sh*t Nobody Says" - "I'm so glad I ate six chalupas" "I'm think we should move to Oakland." HA. And so the meme comes full-circle.
- A New York Times column asking if the Times should be fact-checking other publications - I dunno. The question they're asking here is a little bit more complicated than it seems, I think.
- "Downton Abbeyoncé" - I'm fairly obsessed with the BBC show Downton Abbey at the moment, so this made me laugh.
- A side-by-side comparison between an average-sized woman and a supermodel - Woah. This is from a magazine called Plus Model, and it is striking.
- Ancient Swiss Army Knives from CES - Oh, that is neat.
- I just saw Ebaumsworld's "House of Cosby" for the first time. - Ha.
- Tim Tebow really could be the Antichrist. - Eek.
- Michael Bay pimps the ridiculously over-the-top Limited Collectors' Edition Transformers: Dark of the Moon - I don't even want the regular version.
- Ooh, it's a new movie from Wes Anderson - I am happy to hear about this.
- Here is "It's Around You" by the Miami-based band Awesome New RepublicFor your listening/viewing pleasure. I went to school with these guys. They're good.
And that's that! Enjoy talking amongst yourselves.