Two children playing the Angry Birds tabletop game. Aren't they happy? Yes. Aren't they adorable? Absolutely. But are those kids funny? Not yet. That's where y'all come in this week.
These exercises are kind of like a deranged rorschach test. What do you see? I see two child models earning money for their parents by playing a game they may actually hate. I'm sure you folks, after thinking on this one for a second, will find a more suitable prop or background. Show daddy on the doll where the bad 'Shopper touched you ...
Alright, here's your sauce:
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
This is your no-frills step-by-step procedure to participation in the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size. What's more, we're getting reports that if your 'Shop is more than 1000px tall (vertical), it won't upload. If you're getting the broken-image icon, try resizing to a smaller dimension.
All good? Great. Start 'shoppin!