Zangief won Mr. Stonewall Bear 2011 this past week, giving new meaning to the term "screw piledriver." It was good that he shaved off his backhair, because we're about to get 200 new looks at him in this week's 'Shop Contest!
In case you're curious who today's victim is, that's Mike Fass, who portrayed Zangief in College Humor's "Street Fighter: The Later Years" back in 2006. What he's doing in a pageant for manly men, who can tell, but he won it all and here we are.
Alright, the image we're using is not the one above. Instead we've got a much more exploitable pose, from this gallery.
Source Image: Zangief Wins the Bear Contest.
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
This is your no-frills step-by-step procedure to participation in the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size. What's more, we're getting reports that if your 'Shop is more than 1000px tall (vertical), it won't upload. If you're getting the broken-image icon, try resizing to a smaller dimension.
Alright, this one doesn't need any overthinking. Get to it! I'm already looking forward to the results.