Lo, the image of Jesus did appear on a Nintendo Entertainment System, to tell the world that whosoever presseth up up down down left right left right B A start shall not die, but have 30 lives.
I missed the boat on offering the Jesus Nintendo last week, when it was timelier, but this challenge should have life everlasting. The backstory, in case you missed it: A Maryland woman bought a used NES for $31 off of eBay and when it arrived, she said she found an image of Jesus on the top of it.
She swears the photo she sent us is not Photoshopped. Well, we'll take care of that!
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
This is your no-frills step-by-step procedure to participation in the Kotaku 'Shop Contest.
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size. What's more, we're getting reports that if your 'Shop is more than 1000px tall (vertical), it won't upload. If you're getting the broken-image icon, try resizing to a smaller dimension.
Alright start 'Shopping!