Wait a second! It's Friday? Hell yes! This shortened workweek totally threw off my inner calendar. Let's celebrate my surprise early weekend by wrapping up this Friday with some off-topic conversation.
By the way, if you're in LA this weekend, there are a few video game related things happening. The SUPER iam8bit book signing/gallery closing in Echo Park and the Nerdist + Underground Gaming Tournament League showdown. The former will have video game-inspired art, the latter some fighting game face-offs. Both seem like a fine way to spend a Saturday.
If you're keeping your traveling limited to the internet this weekend, why not take a trip to some of the following internet destinations, then discuss them in the comments. Or whatever! Open thread, people!
- A list of misunderstood and underappreciated jobs - From the people who work them. Fashion model and IRS employee are interesting.
- Woman bites flesh from man's face in 'vampire' attack - "St. Petersburg man who had dozed off in his motorized wheelchair woke up to find himself being attacked by a woman... after parking his wheelchair on the porch of a vacant Hooters to escape the rain."
- The magic of Michel and Sven - And the flowers are still standing!
- The right way to make your exit from a reality TV show - What the hell is Ton of Cash?!
- American Photo - 9.11.01 The Photographers' Stories - Free iPad app that some of our co-workers helped create.