Woah, Kotaku readers! Long time no speak. How about we remedy that with a little off-topic conversation, as we're wont to do semi-nightly... when I'm not traveling internationally... and I'm not on vacation. How about an open thread, is what I'm sayin'?
It was a relaxing week for yours truly, full of relaxed video game playing, lots of time at the gym in a futile attempt to shed pounds of schnitzel and beer. But I'm back and ready to get some video game writing done. With this weekend's Call of Duty XP event, there should be plenty to write about. Anyone going?
Oh, if you're wondering about the above artwork, that's from the very talented Jason Chan—he painted Kotaku-tan, if you recall. It's a Magic the Gathering troll.
- What happens when two chatbots get together? - "I'm not a robot. I'm a unicorn."
- Teaser for The Hunger Games - I have no real investment in this, but I'm interested.
- American Airlines loses some important luggage - Specifically Jack the cat! Oh no!!
- Republicans vs. science - Incredible amounts of willful ignorance on display.
- Ties to the Yakuza are no laughing matter - More on Japanese comic Shinsuke Shimada and his ties to organized crime.