Greetings, Kotaku readers, and welcome to one more week of unbearable toil. I mean... uh, good evening and thanks for joining us in another open thread! Heh! Let's get to it.
We're just about a week away from Gamescom, representing the end (for me, anyway) of a long summer of travel and video game trade show attendance. No PAX or Tokyo Game Show for yours truly, for which I am somewhat thankful. But I do look forward to ingesting regrettable amounts of schnitzel and bier over the course of the next week. I'm already building up a hearty German thirst.
Anyway, this is an open thread, where you're free to discuss matters that aren't solely video game related. So... have at it! Here's a few links for kicks.
- ESPN looks at the origins of the high five - There are no easy answers.
- This is Francis Bean Cobain at 18 - *tugs at collar*
- Cee Lo's "Cry Baby" video - With Jaleel White, no less!
- Stocks suffer sharpest drop since 2008 - Bad day for the markets and fears of a double-dip recession.
- Disney dates two more Marvel movie projects for 2014 - Can we please get this Edgar Wright Ant-Man thing going, Marvel?