Nolan North appearing in a video game is not exactly news. It's more newsworthy when he doesn't. But voicing The Penguin, with a canon-defying cockney accent even, is treading the limits of overexposure even for him. One reason North can get away with this is because, in addition to having great vocal range, we never see his face. Well, that's where you guys come in this week.
Simple mission, common concept, but zillions of ways to execute it. Nolan North-ify any game, and the more ridiculous and gratuitous his appearance, the more the gaming community would recoil in horror from him supplying a voice (a certain Valve title might work well here) the stronger the submission. It's gotta include his face in the final product, though.
I will allow exceptions: If you want to swap places, putting one of his characters in his place for a publicity shot at the VGAs, Comic-Con, wherever. There's also another, ahem, actor with a last name of North who would be pretty hilarious in a video game but if you go that route, keep it clean or face moderation.
Here's some info to help you out:
Source Material: Nolan North's filmography [IMDB]
Source Material: Nolan North via Google image search.
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
Moses now has a couple of engraved tablets he'd like to read:
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size. What's more, we're getting reports that if your 'Shop is more than 1000px tall (vertical), it won't upload. If you're getting the broken-image icon, try resizing to a smaller dimension.
As an added inducement, I want to let you know I do star commenters who send in worthy/funny submissions - whether or not they're chosen for the final 20. This may not happen immediately. I usually start rounding up a gallery by the middle of the week. This is my subjective call, but I do want to recognize as many contributors as possible, and show gratitude for making this such a popular feature on weekends.
Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!