It's no surprise that Deep Silver's zombie title is getting an M-rating. The certificate just handed to it by the ESRB is still a little interesting for the bits of details it gives up from the game, from dialogue to gameplay features.
From the listing, we get these details:
• Bats, knives, axes, shotguns, rifles all are weapons.
• Headstomps available in melee (we kind of knew this).
• Alcoholic beverages can be acquired/consumed to increase damage, but the screen will blur.
• One mission involves the recovery of illegal drugs for a character suffering from withdrawal.
• References to incest and child molestation (in dialogue only).
• Usage of words such as "fuck" and "shit."
Dead Island releases Sept. 6