Greetings, Kotaku readers. Got time to join us in another off-topic thread? Good. Maybe we can talk about movies, since this post happens to be movie-centric.
So, that first trailer for The Thing (linked below) is out and it looks... alright. A few too many moments of people being yanked into the darkness by some unseen tendril of the Thing, I assume, which has me a little worried about the slow-burn reveals of the creature. But I'll give it a shot, unlike Scorsese's new movie Hugo. Eesh!
Enough cynicism from me tonight. Please talk amongst yourselves if you so desire.
- First trailer for The Thing prequel - Pros: Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Cons: Some cheap scare tactics that would have ruined the original.
- Taco Bell believes sales are down due to beef lawsuit - Maybe it's because you constantly ignore my requests for the Congo-inspired Volcano Burrito's return!
- Oh good, the Akira movie is back on - Tetsuo. Kaneda. TETSUO. KANEDA.
- Surprisingly, reaction to Netflix's plan hikes haven't been positive - People don't like change and paying more, apparently.
- There's another Evil Dead movie happening - Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are producing, Diablo Cody is re-writing.