This one arrived a little too late for last week's contest, so we held it over for this week's. Reader Kevin's star cameo on WWE Friday Night SmackDown last week provides us with many exploitable images for you to do your thang.
This should be another one that writes itself, folks, so go to town. I'll give you the original still Totilo shot of his television screen when he saw the Aqua Blue 3DS and was all WTF and hit pause on the DVR. And if that is not enough, how about another seven pictures Stephen took of his television and the five pictures taken by the 3DS holder hisself? Whaaaat?
Source File: Buttload of other exploitable images.
Let imagination-mania run wild.
You know the rules: The 20 best will get rounded up and published at the end of next Saturday. Meantime, I and the rest of the starred commentariat will approve and promote as many as we can so folks can see them and pass judgment.
We've had some problems with full-size 'Shops displaying in comments for some reason and while our no-frills participation guide is starting to read like the Magna Carta, unfortunately I have to add a new guideline. As a backup, please consider including your 'Shop's URL in the text of your comment. This would be the image URL from the image host you're using. It's not mandatory. No one will be disqualified or not considered for not using that. But if you've put a lot of work into your 'Shop, it's a good backup plan to make sure you get full credit with a big display.
Again, this is on us, not you all. You've been awesome with your submissions and your participation; I'm just trying to make sure no one gets left out. Alright, here's the rest of the instructions:
1. Create your 'Shop.
2. Upload it to a free image hosting service. I suggest imgur. It's stupid simple. No account is necessary.
3. This is very important: You must use the URL of the image itself. In imgur, this is the second URL it gives you after you upload the image. It's under "Direct Link (email & IM)"
4. At the beginning of the comments roll, click "Start a New Thread"
5. To the right of your name, select "Image."
6. Paste the imgur URL in the image URL field. It's the field that says "Image URL."
7. You can add editorial commentary if you want, but then just hit submit and your image will load. If it doesn't, paste the image URL as a comment.
8. This is important: Keep your image size under 1 MB. It will not upload to comments if it is over that size.
'Shop entry will be uploaded to the comments.
As an added inducement, I want to let you know I do star commenters who send in worthy/funny submissions - whether or not they're chosen for the final 20. This may not happen immediately. I usually start rounding up a gallery by the middle of the week. This is my subjective call, but I do want to recognize as many contributors as possible, and show gratitude for making this such a popular feature on weekends.
Now, Gentlemen, start your 'shopping!